- Antidote – Drug and alcohol issues
- Galop – Domestic abuse and hate crimes
- London Friend – Support groups and counselling
- MindOut – Anyone
- NAZ Project – BME
- Spectra – Transgender/ non-binary support
- Stonewall Housing – Housing advice and advocacy
- Switchboard LGBT – Helpline
- The Beaumont Society – Transgender support
LGBT+ drug and alcohol service. Offer a number of different interventions, depending on need, as well as sexual health input where required (e.g. chem sex).
Their social groups provide a safe space to meet and socialise as an alternative to the bar and club scene. Can see locally via Club Drug Clinic. Part of the organisation, London Friend.
- One-to-one key working to address immediate drug and alcohol support needs
- Referral to detox clinics and prescribing centres
- Referral to their counselling service
- Drop-ins to discuss drug and alcohol issues, sexual health and steroid use issues
- A intensive structured weekend programme (SWAP)
- A telephone advice helpline
T: 020 7833 1674 (10am-6pm on weekdays)
Helpline: 0300 330 0630
LGBT anti-violence & abuse charity. Give advice and support to people who have experienced biphobia, homophobia, transphobia, sexual violence, domestic abuse or hate crimes. They can also support this community if they have had problems with the police.
Provide a specialist advocacy service, legal advice and support in reporting crimes. Numerous useful factsheets available to download from their website.
T: 020 7704 2040 (London) or 0800 999 5428 (National)
E: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Aim is to support the health and mental well-being of the LGB&T community. Services are delivered by trained Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans volunteers and include:
- LGB&T counselling
- Antidote drug and alcohol support
- Social and support groups
- Coming out groups
- Volunteering opportunities
- Resources on LGB&T health issues
- A selection of LGB&T books, magazines and information
Helpline: 0300 330 0630
T: 020 7833 1674
Mental health project run by and for LGBT+ people. They provide a range of services including advocacy (including specialist Trans Advocacy), advice and information.
T: 01273 234 839
Specialise in culturally sensitive sexual health and HIV support services for Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities in London.
Offer LGBT support groups and counselling, as well as casework around housing, immigration and other welfare areas related to being LGBT. Dedicated support service for those who are also HIV +ve.
A: 30 Blacks Road London W6 9DT
T: 020 8741 1879
Offer social groups, support, counselling and workshops to those who identify as trans-gender or non-binary. Delivered by people of trans experience themselves in a friendly, safe, confidential, non-judgemental and accessible space.
T: 020 3322 6920 / 0800 587 8302
Specialist lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) housing advice, advocacy and support. Can offer advice:
- if you are homeless or if at risk of becoming homeless;
- if your family relations have broken down due to sexual orientation or gender identity;
- if you’ve been victimised or harassed;
- if you need to escape from domestic abuse;
- if you need advice about a dispute with your landlord;
- if you need advice with your housing benefits
T: 020 7359 5767 (10am-1pm)
Switchboard LGBT+ (Helpline)
Helpline offering information and support for lesbian, gay, and bisexual people and anyone concerned about their sexuality or wishing to discuss or consider lesbian and gay issues. Also provide email support as well as Instant Messaging via their website.
T: 0300 330 0630
Webchat via https://switchboard.lgbt
The Beaumont Society
Largest transgender support group in the UK. Offers help and advice via its website, as well as a 24/7 information line. Creates a safe forum for people to socialise and support each other online.
T: 01582 412 220